This weeks menu is ready! We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms.
Monday: Parmesan Crusted Tilapia airfyed with Mango Salsa (E) * See Recipe Below
Tuesday: Turkey Chili (E)
Wednesday: Trim Mac Salad (S) Page 181 from The Trim Healthy Cookbook
Thursday: Sugar-Free Spaghetti with Dream-Field Pasta (E)
Friday: Family Pizza Night (S) with Triple Meat Pizza (S). This crust looks promising on our quest for the perfect THM option.
Saturday: Cheeseburger Pie (S) page 149 of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook
Sunday: Eggroll in a Bowl (S or E) page 63 of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook with our own added additions such as water chestnuts, baby corn and sprouts.
For my Sweet Tooth
Snickers Pie (We have a peanut allergy in the house so I used pecans instead of peanuts and the results was amazing!)
Lemon Cream Bars (Not over sweet but with a light crust and a lemon flavor, this recipe is perfect for a tea-party with my kids.)
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- 4-5 Tilapia Filets
- 1/2 cup Egg whites
- 2 low carb tortillas
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Italian Spices
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp. Nutritional Yeast
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Into a blender, place two low-carb tortillas, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, a tsp. of nutritional yeast, a varsity of Italian Spices to your mix and blend into a meal.
- Dip fish first into the egg whites and dredge through the tortillas mixture to coat on each side.
- Preheat airfryer to 390 degrees. Cut tilapia into fork sized pieces and add to a bowl. Blend onion powder, paprika, the juice of half a lime, salt and pepper. Marinade for 20 mins.
- Coat the Tilapia and coat with baking blend. Place fish into airfyer and cook for 15 minutes. If you airfryer is smaller, you may have to do in shifts.
- Serve with mango salsa and serve warm
Strawberry Mango Salsa
- 1 cup mango cut into cubes
- 1 cup strawberries cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 can diced Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup corn cooked or raw
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
Combine all above ingredients, mix and place onto of prepared chicken. Feeling spicy, add a jalapeno or two.